Tuesday 29 July 2008

Milan Review 2008









Repeatedly I have been asked to report about my first visit of the Milan Fair in April of this year.
So, quite cheeky, but I opted to direct the attention of this topic to the review Ben, our course director have written.

Apart from being a clever storyteller he is also a good writer. Some of the stuff he writes are about pretty much everything. But then in relation to Design. I enjoy reading his savvy articles about things I didn't suspect to have much connection with the contemporary design practice. The nice part is how this unexpected connection is illustrated or sometimes even shaped.

As his students, reading his articles is not officially part of our curriculum, but it is highly valuable. The articles are a rich source of down to earth discourse of the design practice. The topics deal with the current issues industrial design is subjected to. They are straight forward and fun to read too! I find them somehow motivating. Anyway, find out for yourself!
Above are a few pics during our delightful 'workshop' at Naba.

No comments:

Post a Comment